OpenSource Expert System

For those of you interested in the web-based expert system demo'd in class, you can find the sourcecode and demo of the system at www.openexpert.org.

Can your cell phone be used to manage your health

Here is an interesting article that I found on Medical device and diagnostic industry site.

http://www.devicelink.com/mddi/archive/09/02/002.html

Desktop Microphones Active

According to KP, the desk microphones are now on in the classroom. This will be great for using the video recordings of the lectures, however we need to be aware that the recording is happening. We need to remember to:

* Not cover-up, or brush across, the microphones.
* Keep rustling and noise to a minimum during class
* Be sure you make snarky comments very quietly ;)

Thanks for getting these turned on!

US Government Spending on IT Services

Repost from Todd Gardner's Technology Architecture Journal:

I recently conducted an extensive case study of the US Federal Government’s spending on IT services as a part of my graduate studies. It includes a summary of the market, how it is segmented, and opportunities for expansion.

See Todd Gardner's Technology Architecture Journal for the full story.

MOT 2010 Class Blog

MOT 2010 students created a blog to keep us updated with information, changes, and informational tips. You can subscribe to this blog to easily access updates whenever it is convenient for you. You can also have it send you a message whenever new information is posted.

How do I subscribe?

On the lower-right side of the blog screen, in the Links area, you will see a symbol and "Subscribe to this blog's feel RSS 2.0." Simply click the link to subscribe.

rss button.gif Alternatively, you can click the "Subscribe to this page button" from the address bar in Mozilla Firefox.

After I subscribe, how do I access the newsletter blog?

There are a number of ways to access RSS and those who are familiar with these options can use their preferred RSS readers. However, both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer now provide options, and you can also set up Thunderbird to notify you of updates.

* In Mozilla Firefox, you will be prompted for where you want to store the bookmark, and you can access the link easily there.

* In Internet Explorer 7.0, feeds are stored under the "star" icon on the left side of the tabs near the top of your screen.

3M Seminars on Technology Commercialization

Seminar IV: Technology Commercialization for Web 2.0 Businesses
Monday, March 9, 5-7pm. 2-206 CSOM

and

Seminar V: Technology Commercialization in Medical/Healthcare Industry
Monday, April 6, 5-7 p.m. 2-206 CSOM

Please RSVP to the Holmes Center at hce@umn.edu

Download announcement for more details.