« Overweight Children face a Stigma | Main | Kevin Garnett is Gone »

35W Bridge

On August 1st 2007, the 35W bridge collapsed during the peak of rush hour. It was about 6:01 pm when the bridge began to shake severely and ultimately, cave. 62 people were injured and 7 people died. Many stories arose from the incident, but perhaps the most severe was a school bus of 60 children were caught on the bridge while on their way back from a field trip. Some of the children were hurt, none of the children died. Many civilians helped each other out as they tried to make their way off of the bridge. Emergency personnel were called from all areas of the metro. 20 to 30 people are still considered missing or their families have not heard from them. I think the coverage of this story has been quite extensive. when I check out twincities.com They have step by step information of what happened including live footage of the bridge falling down. The coverage was up to date and informative. I compared it to the coverage of the Star Tribune Which was just as informative. If there was any criticism, I would say the numbers were alway changing. One minute the number of dead was 9, then it changed to 7, now 4, I think it is very important to keep the numbers correct for those people that need to know.