« Harris Paints | Main | New Themed Week Coming Up »

Papers on HCI

One of the classes I am taking this semester is mainly about reading HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) papers. This is an area that is really starting to get my attention, so I am very excited. Although there is a lot of reading to do, I think it will be worthwhile. Reading papers is one of the best ways to get a sense of the field and what has been done before. The problem is that normally you don't know where to start or how to select papers in order to get a good general idea of the field. I think this class solves this problem for me. I am reading all sorts of interesting papers on HCI, which deal with topics such as social psychology applied to online communities, electronic capabilities on paper, modeling affections, and more. There is only one more hurdle I have to get over: class participation...

Hi,
I am earnestly looking to forward to take some courses related to HCI so that I can minor in that area for my PhD. Any suggestions if we have graduate courses in usability testing, Graphical User Interfaces, User-Centered Design. Thanks

If you're at UMN, you should definitely take User Interface Design (CSci 5115) next semester. You learn a lot and it is a really fun class!