« Essential Stupidity | Main | Feeling Appreciated »

UThink hacked?

I was supposed to post yesterday night, but for some reason, I could not access my blogging tools at UMN's uThink site. Today, I was still not able to access them. I couldn't even access the blog itself. When I ran a search query for "uthink", the correct link and description were shown, but the title was completely wrong. It had something to do with buying cheap drugs. When you looked at the cached page, it was filled with more of the same junk. So obviously the site was hacked. This makes me worry a little bit about the fact that this is where I'm hosting my blog, but at least the consequences didn't seem to affect my blog much, aside from the fact that it was unavailable for a while. Sorry for the short downtime!

Ouch, you got hacked...
Well the safety of being unknown is broken, now you should worry about security right about now, or figure out how to quickly fix damage brought by hackers...

Don't these hackers have anything better to do than to mess with people's lives...

That's crazy. Good to see it didn't effect the users very much. Did you backup?

I wish I could do something about it, but the site is hosted by the University of Minnesota, so they are the ones in charge of things like security and backup. Although it never hurts to try and export my past posts...