I eat more than my share of fast food, but I never eat Wendy's chili. Apparently, this has been a good choice on my part: a Wendy's customer in San Jose, California found a human finger in his cup of chili yesterday.
I tend not to be too grossed out at the occasional reports of insects and random animal parts turning up in food. Yes, it's disgusting when this happens, but I figure I consume various unsanitary and queasy-making things all the time without knowing it. And usually, when these things are publicized, the presence of an offensive bit of detritus can be explained by negligence in processing, or something. What gets me about this particular story is that I can't come up with a logical explanation for how a human finger could have ended up in that batch of chili -- and apparently, neither can Wendy's or the local authorities. Ewww.