Woman killed on I-94 identified

It was 6:30, and it was still dark as Steve Feldman headed to work on Interstate I-94 Thursday morning.

The freeway near Seventh Street in Minneapolis was busy with morning commuters driving at least 60 mph. Suddenly Feldman noticed cars were swerving, he figured to get out of the way of an animal, and he prepared himself to veer right. It wasn't until he got closer that he saw it was a person standing on the dashed line between the first and second lanes on the right shoulder, City Pages reported.

According to KEYC Mankato, The Minnesota State Patrol reported that the woman walked into traffic and laid down before being struck by multiple vehicles.

No identification was found on the woman, but the Hennepin County medical examiner has identified her as Melissa Lewis, a 38-year-old woman from Minneapolis.

Authorities still don't know why Lewis chose to lay down on the highway, but the investigation is still ongoing.

It is really sad! I've recently heard about another similar accident near Seventh Street. God forgive them. Removal