Bridezilla? Not me!

It occurred to me after reading some of my earlier entries that I could be giving people the impression that I am totally self-absorbed in this whole getting married thing. I want to assure all (two or three) of you that I am not one of those Bridezilla-types who go mental over their cocktail napkin colors or the fact that their bridesmaids aren't the same shade of tan (trust me, I've heard stories...). No, I'm just trying to be relevant, on-topic, and focused but I fear that its coming off as single-minded and absorbed.

With that in mind, I decided to post some interesting details about myself that will hopefully convince you that I truly do have a life outside of this whole wedding thing.

Top Ten Things to Know About Jen (Other than that she's getting married)

1. I have a dog, Dylan, who just turned a year old. He's a Collie/German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix and is the cutest little genius dog ever.

2. I'm a Political Science major, so I know about governments, elections, political philosophy and other nerdy stuff.

3. Speaking of being a nerd, I've worked as a freelance programmer for a few years and I spend way too much time in front of a computer.

4. Nerdiness continued....I just saw Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and it was ok...I obsess too much about nerdy Star Wars Geek details to enjoy these new ones.

5. I have two sisters, who also attend the U....we're takin' over!

6. I volunteer at a food shelf as a Resource Coordinator and help people with their myriad problems. I'm looking for a job in non-profit work as we speak.

7. I love horror movies, especially classics like Halloween and the Friday the 13th series.

8. My family is the most important thing in the world to me, and my new extended family via Derek makes it even better.

9. I have a "life list", a mental list of things I want to do in my life. As I do things, I add new to-dos. Some of the things I've done: See the Red Hot Chili Peppers in concert, live in California, and finish college (well, that will happen in a few weeks).

10. I want to start a nonprofit organization that helps people build job skills and improve their professional image through donated professional clothing.

See? I AM normal...relatively.

Posted by tsch0020 at May 24, 2005 9:54 PM