Movin' On Up....

Derek and I are looking for a new house. We already have a two-bedroom townhouse, but we are looking for something a little bigger with a yard.

In order to accomplish this, we probably will have to buy a house that needs some work. But first, we need to fix up the one we already have and make it suitable for showing.

I've been checking for townhouses in our neighborhood that are for sale at EdinaRealty.Com. The listings usually have a picture of the outside and a few of the inside, so I've been able to see what other people are doing to their houses. After all, we are in direct competition with our neighbors because there are always at least one or two of the 220 units up for sale at any given time. If someone walks into one that's priced at $157,000 and it looks really nice and then they walk over to ours priced at $158,000 its clear who will sell theirs first.

We're thinking of replacing the tile we have in the entryway and kitchen with wood laminate floor, and all of the carpet has to be replaced for sure as well. In general, we have a lot of painting and organizing to do if we are going to get this done. The sad thing is that we have no idea when we might find the right house, so we have to get all of this done as soon as possible just in case.

It's kind of a stressful time because we really don't know how much longer we'll be in our house. I'm excited about it, but a little sad too. Our townhouse is our first house together and I'm sure I'm going to cry like crazy when we leave.

Posted by tsch0020 at 2:45 PM