ideas for controversies

Thought Paper
I have three ideas for my controversy paper. They are euthanasia in animals, confinement of circus animals, or crossbreeding of animals to create new species. I would like to do crossbreeding of animals to create new species but Iím not so sure how controversial it is. Iím not sure if there would be enough sources on both sides of the issue to write a good paper.
My main audience is you, the teacher. I donít know how much you know about the topic, so I would probably be more informative than say if I was writing to a group of Veterinarians. Others in the audience would be pet owners, PETA, interest groups for pet safety, Zoos, Veterinarians, research scientists, and the animal medicine companies. My argument would be in favor of crossbreeding because it is evolution, just at a faster pace. New species are created everyday in nature. I would get research support and reasons from credited scientists, popular interest groups, and Zoos. Some of the ethos for my paper would be from the scientist and their research. The pathos would evolve from both interest groups and the need to create new species.

Posted by head0046 at September 17, 2004 11:35 AM