Thought Paper

The article that I read is “Colorful Clothes, Plasma TV’s, and Toy Top Shopping Lists”. Most of the paragraphs jump from one item to the next. The article goes over what items are big sellers right now in anticipation of what will sell big for Christmas.
One paragraph goes from talking about how Victoria’s Secret’s new bra is doing well to a handbag from Christian Dior Couture. A transition that could be used is: Another women’s luxury product that is doing well this year is a handbag from the Latest Blond line by Christian Dior. I thought those paragraphs needed a transition because it went from one thing to another with no relation, except that they were both appropriate for the article.
Another paragraph goes from talking about Plasma TV’s to the new Hokey Pokey Elmo. A transition could be: Toys for adults, such as the plasma TV, and toys for children, like the new Hokey Pokey Elmo, are both bigger and better then last year and selling out. These two paragraphs needed a transition because the first one talked about TV’s and the second one talked about children’s toys. They had almost no relation whatsoever.
Transitions will play a huge roll in my writing because we are taking a big paper and writing it in 4 different sections. I am going to need a lot of transitions to make the whole final paper flow, and make sense. I will also need to use transitions between the arguments within my pro and con paper. I will also need to use them in the history part to go from one piece of information to the next. Transition can also be used in going from intro to body and from body to conclusion. Learning how to write transitions will help me with the rest of my writing throughout college.

Posted by head0046 at September 24, 2004 11:29 AM