Breast Implants- Thought Paper #3

I think that the article seemed to flow very well, however it seemed to lack certain sustenance in information. It generally just asked the question why there has been such a drastic increase in breast implants in the last ten years. I think the article was good; it made you really wonder why all this surgeries are occurring. However, I didn't like that the article provided no reason for this dramatic increase, it simply said that it occurred. The article was based on this increase in breast implant surgery it also opted to focus on the concern surrounding the surgery. There were significant examples of health problems and worries over the silicon implant wearing out with age. The article concluded with a womenís personal reasons for getting breast implants, and it being or some sort of personal confidence enhancement. I think the point of the article is simply to convey awareness in the rapid amount of implant surgeries that are occurring. Also to provide some of the main health restrictions of the surgery. I think this article could gain strength by the writer including more information on the relative health effects of the surgery. I would also be more compelled to read the article if the writer offered some reason for this national increase in breast implants. It seemed that the article simply stated that the increase has occurred. I think it would be really interesting if the writer came up with some reasons that for the surgery if it be American culture, or globalize images of the perfect body or some other justification.

Posted by woka0001 at October 8, 2004 11:24 AM