paper reflection

A strictly independent writing class is really new for me. Usually I am assigned a paper with a topic or question to answer. I really enjoy picking out my own topic and following it up with research. I think I am a lot more motivated to research my topic if I like the subject. I think another aspect that I enjoy is the idea of splitting up the paper into 4 page chunks each composed of different areas of the topic. I think that if we were just assigned a 16 page paper at the beginning of the class I know I would wait until the late minute. This way I know that I have to get certain parts of the paper done at certain times. I think because my topic is a local as well as recent controversy I sometimes struggle in finding information. I think this paper might have been easier to write in a couple of years. On the other hand I have found that I am living in this controversy, and therefore I have a more personal opinion. Like I said I think the one thing that I am struggling with research on my topic, but I think that I just need to look more at the local articles and newspapers written. I think that the library sources of these articles will really help me.

Posted by woka0001 at October 29, 2004 11:28 AM