Did anyone read the story about the most popular blog on the internet. It was writing by a man who suffered from brain cancer and he wrote about his daily struggles with cancer. Over 100,000 people a day would visit it, it's a really sad story though because he is to sick to write in it anymore.

Posted by gaff0041 at 10:00 PM

Does anyone know how many sources we need for our next speech? I know Charlotte said we didnt need any for the first speech, but how about the second one?

Posted by craw0115 at 7:59 PM

Still pretty confused about this, but its getting a little easier. I still can't figure out how to read everyone else's blogs. So in other words, this is pointless for me for the time being.

Posted by craw0115 at 7:58 PM

The Blog

I was reading and really agreed that it feel like you are writing and know one is listening. Writing on the blog is really different. It feels similar to writing in a jourmal.

Posted by ahma0051 at 7:12 PM

First Presentation

I am giving my first speech tomorrow and have found it interesting how much information is actually out there. There is alot of information to go through, and make sure is legitimate. Then begin to put it all together.

Posted by ahma0051 at 7:00 PM

Blogging

I also feel that remembering to blog, and thinking of topics willl be a little difficult. I am not used to doing alot of stuff online but emailing and researching.
This will be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.

Posted by ahma0051 at 6:58 PM

WebCT discussions

From past experiences, I think the WebCT discussion boards that a lot of us have used for other classes is a much easier system to use than this blogging system. Which forum for dicussion do you guys prefer? Maybe Charlotte should consider using WebCT next semester to see which is easier for students to do.

Posted by john5757 at 3:19 PM

USing the Blog

I also feel that using the blog is really different, and interesting. I just find it to be a difficult process, getting on and then also responding and reading others opinions. It will be hard to get used to.

Posted by ahma0051 at 11:14 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I think this site is a little confusing. It took me a little while to figure this whole thing out.

Posted by craw0115 at 8:01 PM

Remebering to write these

I agree with the entry about remembering to write these blog entries, I hope that this doesn't become a problem.

Posted by ikem0003 at 1:53 PM

anxiety

I feel that with all the speaking activities we do in class it will help alleviate a lot of speech anxiety. I really enjoy these in class activities for that reason.

Posted by ikem0003 at 1:51 PM

Discussion Question

This is random however I really like that Charlotte gives us a question when class starts and we go around the room answering. This is a great chance for us to find a little bit more about each other. It also allows us to become more comfortable with one another so it is easier to speak in front of everyone.

Posted by chri1014 at 7:24 PM

Blogging

I completely forgot about this blog thing until now, even though Charlotte has reminded us in class. I have a feeling that remembering to blog is going to be a challenge.

Posted by chri1014 at 7:22 PM

This is my second web blog of the week, or should I say my second blog ever in my life, so I still feel alittle funny about it. I feel as if I am talking to everyone in the world but yet no one is listening. Does anyone else feel that way about blogging?

Posted by gaff0041 at 3:30 PM

speech activities

I have to agree that doing the speech activities in class will really prove helpful when it actually comes time to speak in front of everyone. It's almost as if speaking to a single person is more nerve wracking than speaking in front of a large audience.

Posted by borc0079 at 1:43 PM

"PMS"

I am looking forward to our first speech. I just hope I do not get all "PMS," when I get up front of the class. I tend to over do gestures and pace.

Posted by klein327 at 10:52 AM

I am looking forward to this class. Even though I speak in front of a crowd three days a weeks, I still get a little nervous in front of a class. I think I will have to find a subject I am really comfortable with so I am not so nervous.

Posted by gaff0041 at 7:09 PM

I felt much more comfortable presenting to my partner today in class. I have a lot of anxiety when speaking so I think these activities will help overcome my fears.

Posted by cole0403 at 12:51 PM

The activity we have been doing in class is really helping with my speech anxiety. I think it will be much easier next week after practicing in class.

Posted by wieb0037 at 12:19 PM

test

this is a test

Posted by tsch0070 at 10:52 AM

thought question

Bush would be a good guy to look at as far as a president that used pathos, especially in the last election. One of Bush's strategies for the election was to play on America's emotional appeal to religion and how we are loosing faith as a nation. This seemed to work cause all i heard on kfan for a week were people talking about what a religous man Bush was. If a president can win an election on pathos i bet we can pass a speech!

Posted by onke0009 at 11:39 PM

this site is cool. I have never seen a site like this. I think that it will be cool to look at through out the semester

Posted by dabe0004 at 10:25 PM

charlotte was helpful when i asked her to give me some suggestions in narrowing down my topic, so if you are stuck or need help she is easy to talk to

Posted by jens0700 at 8:07 PM

Thought Question

How can you employ ethos, pathos, and logos practically into a scientific and technical presentation? How do other notable speakers (for example, presidential speakers) employ these?

Posted by tsch0070 at 10:48 PM

Welcome Spring 2005 Students

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to our class blog. You will notice that several postings and comments already exist here. In order to post here, you will have to visit http://blog.lib.umn.edu to log in or click on "leave a comment" under an entry from the "view site" link or from the class weblog site, http://blog.lib.umn.edu/tsch0070/rhet3257. In addition to any postings you may want to enter (about topics in your reading or presented in class), I will ask a thought question or two to get you thinking and potentially encourage posting.

Thank you!
Charlotte Tschider

Posted by tsch0070 at 10:46 PM