« Environligion? | Main | global wharfing »

Grizzly Adams vs. Redneck

Let me start this off by saying I have an enormous amount of respect for Timothy Treadwell. He lived deliberately. I in no way consider him to be stupid or getting what he deserved like the redneck helicopter pilot slurred. I think Timothy was out there studying them. If anything he was doing the ecological community a tremendous service. We know have videotape of bears and other animals as they naturally are. He has assimilated into their group so they accept him as one of their own. I wish I could do something like this. Not to the extent, but who knows? I don’t think I would like to be around bears that much. I think it would be crazy awesome to assimilate into a group of monkeys or something that can’t kill me instantly. I guess that’s already been done before, but it worked well I think.
And what was the deal with those hate letters? Doesn’t that seem a little insane to say we need more bears to eat liberals and democrats? I mean that just seems ridiculous to send a letter like that. Who wakes up in the morning and thinks, “oh yeah, I need to fire off a few hate letters for no reason, then watch some NASCAR.? Sorry to NASCAR fans I guess.
Maybe I should address something of any importance. I think through film nature has an aesthetic value to it. People will rally behind anti-oil drilling in the ANWR because they see its beauty through film. I suppose that’s a good thing. They might like it more if they actually were in it, but I guess the more people at the ballot boxes voting against it the better.
speaking of which, check this out if you have time--> ANWR