Critique 3.

This week I have finished choosing and editing the images for the project (I also edited a couple extras, but I don't think I'm going to use them). I have also back to the cabin to take a closer look at the books on the shelves. It turns out, they're all accounting books-- yuck! So, I took a trip to Goodwill and picked up an older book with good page color and type, and started going through the book to find some sentences and phrases that will work with my project. I have since found 5 or so, and will attach pictures of them. I'm thinking i'll most likely use the ones about things never changing and remembering the story, etc. They seem to fit best. However, it will depend on how they look on the images. In the coming week I plan on printing out the images (i made sure to crop them so that they will print the correct size over the course of this week) and seeing which text looks best on them. I also plan on trying out acrylic varnish on a test plate with some other images, so that I can get a feel for how to best work with the product before beginning on the final placement of the images and text on my "good" plates. This last week I have also figured out which images will go on which plates. Here are the finished images that I have not yet put on my blog, and the images of the ripped-out text:

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_1249 copy.jpg

IMG_3124 copy.jpg