Recently in Digital Focus Category

Technique/Materials Update/Cont. Crit 1

In my first entry, I said I was planning on using decopauge. I have since changed this plan. Because I was the physicality of the papers to be in the works, I do not want to use a transfer method such as water-slide decal or inkjet transparency, etc. However, instead of decopauge, I have decided on using acrylic varnish, which dries clear, glossy, and transparent. Acrylic varnish, according to everything I have read, will also eliminate brush strokes, which is one of the things I was unsure of with decopauge. Acrylic varnish also adheres well to metal surfaces.

In addition, last weekend I went and shot for the project. I am not putting the images up yet, as I am still deciding which to use and still need to edit them. You can see my other entry with the title "new work/crit one" for an example of one of the images I will be using, though.

In the last week I have also decided on a layout for the platters. Although in the picture they are just laying on a bed, this is the formation they will take when finished and hung. So here it is:

photo-24.JPG

Techniques/Materials/Project Idea

I am planning on using well patina-ed old silver serving platters that I found at a thrift shop. I am going to take images that I have but have never worked with before or even taken out or camera raw format, as well as new images. I will make a total of 5 finished pieces that will together form a unified wall piece. I am planning on printing on thinner, magazine-type paper if possible, and am considering collage-ing a few small pieces from magazines or news paper on (still not sure about this). I will attach the images of my work on the serving platters via decoupage. Thus, I will need serving platters, decoupage, a paint brush, printing materials, and possibly magazine or newspaper clippings.

New Work/Crit 1

Here is an image of new work for this project. While I will be using new images, I am also planning on using a couple of previously taken but never edited/used images. Here is one:

200497_10150121046571299_501666298_6788425_7985372_n.jpg

Artist Inspiration

Digital Focus Ideas

For my digital focus assignment I am planning on doing something with photography. At this point, I am not positive what. Possibly I will make a website using my images. I still need to think further on this. Below, I have attached some of my images that show the type of photography I am, at this point, leaning towards using:

IMG_3040s.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

Here are a few photographers that inspire me, and links to websites containing their imagery:

Ellen Von Unwerth

Juergen Teller (mainly his Marc Jacobs photography, but other portfolios as well)

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Digital Focus category.

About This Blog is the previous category.

Focus Critique 1 is the next category.