« Body of Missing Anoka Man Found in Golf Pond | Main | Minneapolis Man Left Dead, One Other Injured after Mississippi Rescue »

St. Paul Woman Sentenced to Three Years for Stabbing Boyfriend

A St. Paul woman was sentenced to more than three years in prison for stabbing her boyfriend in the heart after he flirted with another woman, reported the Star Tribune.

Corinna Jo Hernandez, 31, of Morton, Minn., pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree assault in February.

The incident occurred at a home in the 800 block of Sherburne Avenue in St. Paul’s Frogtown neighborhood after Hernandez and her boyfriend went to a SuperAmerica store on May 4.

A woman allegedly told Hernandez’s boyfriend, Theodore James Warren, that she found him attractive; Warren responded by saying he wished he could give her his number.

Hernandez later stabbed Warren at the home. Warren collapsed on the front lawn.

According to the Pioneer Press, when the police arrived on the scene, Hernandez reportedly said, “I killed him. I killed him, didn’t I? Can I have a cigarette before I go to prison for life?”

According to a Ramsey County District Court complaint, Warren had to be revived on the operating table. He survived the attack.

Hernandez was sentenced to three years and three months in the Minnesota Correctional Facility-Shakopee. She has currently credited 355 days of jail-time.

According to the Pioneer Press, she will serve her full time after completing her sentence for a previous Redwood County assault.