Collections of the Green Revolution
The Green Revolution collection in the University of Minnesota Archives thematically unites materials from six collections of personal papers, administrative, and departmental records held by the University Archives.
The digitized materials can be accessed through links in the online collection guides. To view the digitized materials, open the finding aid for each collection listed below and scroll down to click on the links embedded in the folder headings.
Norman E. Borlaug papers
Alumnus of the University of Minnesota, world renowned plant pathologist, and winner of the 1970 Nobel Peace Prize for his contributions to the world food supply.
- View the full collection through the finding aid at http://purl.umn.edu/41488
E.C. Stakman papers
Professor and chair of the Division of Plant Pathology and Botany at the University of Minnesota. Mentor of Norman Borlaug and dozens of other young scientists.
- View the full collection through the finding aid at http://purl.umn.edu/41479
John Gibler papers
Alumnus of the University of Minnesota, breeder of cereal grains and soybeans.
- View the full collection through the finding aid at http://purl.umn.edu/90736
Helen Hart papers
Alumna and faculty member, Department of Plant Pathology
- View the full collection through the finding aid at http://purl.umn.edu/41971
Department of Plant Pathology and Physiology records
Founded in 1907 to The collection includes student papers from the 1920s though the 1970s, departmental publications, materials relating to St Paul campus building projects, biographical materials on faculty members, and a significant collection of photographs from the early years of the department through the 1980s.
- View the full collection through the finding aid at http://purl.umn.edu/42031
- See also Aurora Sporealis, Alumni Newsletter of the Department of Plant Pathology, from 1924 forward available at http://conservancy.umn.edu/handle/817
Cereal Rust Laboratory records
Collection contains the records of the Cereal Rust Laboratory, housed at the University of Minnesota.
- View the full collection through the finding aid at http://purl.umn.edu/38964