So that's what the babble's about

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about a website called "Art Babble". I feel like I'm constantly finding websites that could potentially be useful for Art Education, however Art Babble blows competition out of the water. There is so much useful specific information that I could use as an instructor, and a student could investigate. This website is very clear and easy to understand, but an important aspect is navigation. One feature in particular caught my eye, and this was the channels tab. Under channels anyone curious to research can find media relating to Abstract art, European Design, Fashion, Religion and Art, only to name a few. Art Babble is a great tool to keep things contemporary and clear while in class. If I were to use this website in curriculum I would have my students choose a channel and an artist. With one channel and one artist of their choice the student would be asked to compare and contrast two samples from those categories. For students it's important to connect the dots and see how artists and artwork relate to one another, but how they can be vastly different.

http://www.artbabble.org/
Art Babble. Ed. Robert Stein. Indianapolis Museum of Art, n.d. Web. 3 Nov. 2011. .

Cassie, this does look like a good resource to have in the class room. You are correct when thinking about navigation. You want something that is going to be easy to use.

Great lesson plan idea of comparing two artists from two different movements.