Google Flags its own site as "This site may harm your computer"

This is strange; Today around 9.15am I was searching something related to Facebook api for a project that I am currently working on but I realized that almost all my research results came flagged. All the results were flagged as “This site may harm your computer". I was curious about it so I typed Google on the search box and guess what same result, Google was flagging its own site as "This site may harm your computer".
If you don't believe me check this out...

google.jpg

Objective::First phase of my research

Objectives
Main objectives of this research project are to implement Perl module to handle nick names as inputs and make suggestions for possible first names while attaching nick names with the matching last names to retrieve genealogical history of a given name, extend gen.pl along with additional modules to interface with http://www.ancestry.com to retrieve genealogical information related the names that are resolve by gel.pl module, add functionalities to handle combinations of errors such as misspelling, nicknames, mistakes during the census records and finally compare Soundex values of the return query and along with our implementation. The application will use gen.pl as its primary source and additional modules will use Perl as its primary language for implementation purpose.

gen.pl -> Pre-implementation by Dr. Bradley Rubin

Nicknames in America

As I started my research work on finding issues with Genealogical information, I ran into a problem that finding right nicknames using the internet. As I always do first thing I did was pound my research query in Google of course Google game me a hit (what do you expect its Google). The results that I found were fairly good and recognized. I found two main link one was publish from Connecticut and other was Genealogical Information related website. But my biggest concern was not about the links that I found, it was about from what date to what date these nick names were used. Simple example If your name is Richard as my host families name is, automatically your nick name is Dick but my questions was is it true to the modern day nicknames. How about if your name is Kevin, and modern day people use Kev instead of Kevin. But the nick name lists that I found on internet didn't have modern day nicknames.

The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.