« Living Under the Stars | Main | Building a Dream »

Feeding the Universe

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. [Matthew 7:25] Poverty in the world today is an issue that some people face with no say in what they are born into. It is sad and unfortunate to be born into a poverty stricken life. People need a second chance and a way to restart their lives. All they may need is a shelter and a meal for a short period of time to get back on their feet. The problem is much easier fixed in countries with large power and income. Smaller countries evidently face a much tougher challenge. With little money to spare and violence constantly uprooting the people of these communities, it is almost impossible to live a happy and cherished life. This next quote is something that I believe the answer to is yes but only with the help of individuals who live a happy and meaningful life. Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? [Jeremiah 8:23] Yes, I do believe an Ethiopian can be given an opportunity to survive and live a better life.

This picture truly puts a disturbing image of what other people throughout the world face day to day. It is something that strikes sorrow in every human's heart and provides us with an instinct of wanting to take action.

blog 3.jpg

This problem may never be completely eradicated but a dent can be made. Striving for a purpose as meaningful as this makes it imperative that people consider helping. There are a few songs that I consider when picturing a scene of poverty in my head. The song "Seasons of Love" by Rent is a piece of music that really paints an image of the value of people coming together to help others live a fulfilling life. Another song that many might unexpect is "One Day at a Time" by Tupac Shakur. This song has a message that describes the violence and poverty that many face day to day.

helping one another.jpg