Thanksgiving

I think its safe to say that my thanksgiving probably wasn't as plump with food as yours, but it still was wonderful. My program took us up to Northern Ireland for the weekend where we spent time roaming around Belfast, the Giant's Causeway, and along the coast. They took us on a black taxi tour that explained all the religious struggles Northern Ireland has been having between the protestants and the Catholics. The thing i found most interesting was that the whole battle started out as a dispute between William of orange and James the second, and the only reason it turned into a religious debate is because James the second happened to be catholic and people started saying thats why they were enemies. Had nothing to do with religion!

Another interesting fact for ya is that the Titanic was built in Belfast. Yup, another thing I learned.

Besides this past weekend I'm just finishing up some xmas shopping and trying to enjoy my time here as much as possible. Before you know it i'll be back in Minnesota. I'm actually not looking forward to this weekend because my roomate will be leaving to stay in Dublin with her boyfriend's parents for awhile so i'll be left alone :(. Maybe it'll help me study more, less distractions.

Anywho, i hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and know that i'm missing you.
Em

This page contains a single entry by caill004 published on November 29, 2010 4:30 AM.

Weekend with Benny was the previous entry in this blog.

Homestretch is the next entry in this blog.