First Day at the Temporary Internship

Today I started working at a Zoo-like place where I will be taking care of the animals until we can get a hold of Glen. There has been some slight mis-communication speaking with the manager of the Raptor Rehabilitation Project, as World Endeavors has not been able to get a hold of him for several weeks now. So in the meantime I am going to be spending my time at Jungle magica.  

Today I arrived there at 10:30 and we finished cleaning out the mono aranas (spider monkeys). After that I received a tour of the whole facilities and some behind the scenes. We then prepared the food for all the different animals that are there and then fed them. After the work was done I went back the casa. It took two buses and just under an hour or so. So tomorrow I am to be there  by 8 in the morning and will most likely work until 2 or so and take both my buses both ways.

I finished my last class on Monday when I took my final test. Other than that I was done with classes last Wednesday. I was required to take Spanish classes so that I would have a better grip on the language. So far it has really helped. On last Thursday morning I went with a group from school to Ixtapa. This place was a resort that we stayed at and relaxed until Sunday. I had a lot of fun there and it was nice to relax. The resort was all inclusive so food, room, drinks, and towels. Anything extra such as snorkeling, fishing, para-sailing, or buying anything else cost money. I personally went para-sailing on Friday and then fishing and snorkeling on Saturday. We left about 7 in the morning from the resort and then went fishing and caught Black-fin Tuna. There were five of us and we each caught a fish. Then when we all caught a fish we went and got snorkeling gear and went out. We swam for a while and then the captain of the boat prepared sushi for us. He made it with lemon, fish of course, onion, and a chili. It was really good. 

The Saturday before that, the 5th, I went to the Rio Las Estacas. This is a river that at one time had springs at the beginning. It has now become a public attraction and was very relaxing to just hand out there and not care about anything. I have two more things to include the first one is a question for you to ponder over and respond to. It is the following: What it nature/natural to you?

Here are some pictures that have been posted.

Daniel in Ciudad de Mexico and Teotihuacan.jpg

Daniel in Ciudad de Mexico and Teotihuacan

Daniel catching fish Ixtapa.jpg

Daniel catching fish IxtapaDaniel Kuske' s trip to Mexico City with group from World Endevors.jpg

Group traveling to Mexico City

Natural=No make-up and no weird hair stuff and no tattoos and no plastic surgeries, even when you get old and have wrinkles. Thank you.

This page contains a single entry by kusk0011 published on June 17, 2010 7:28 PM.

Catch-up was the previous entry in this blog.

Week Two is the next entry in this blog.