First Week of Classes Over With

Well, week one of classes is over for me. The class system is different here; this depends on the class type of course. The classes are made up of tutorials and lectures. If it's a science based class then there's also labs. For instance i have eight three hour labs throughout the semester in my chemistry class. All the websites will tell you that school in AU is alot harder, this has some truth to it. Mainly, because it's backwards from our system in that you start at 0 percent and build up, rather than going form the top down like we do. Also, from what i've gathered there isn't near as much "busy" work like the States. They are more assessment oriented, so there's alot more readings and some more writing based work. The class rooms are really relaxed and the teacher will most likely ask you to call them by their first name, even if they have a PHD.

But, enough about the classes. For those of you afraid to come to AU for the reason of poisinous animals; there's nothing to worry about haha. The only thing i have seen that could have killed me was either already dead(stonefish) or was concealed (funnel web spider). And, i only ran into the spider while in the rainforest, so just go with someone who has been there and knows what they're doing. I've only been here for a few weeks and seen not more than a few miles of what the country has to offer, but i can tell you that you won't experince another place like it in all the world. white sandy beaches, to tropical and subtropic rainforests, rolling prairies, and of course the outback all within reach.

This page contains a single entry by brenn330 published on February 24, 2011 10:39 PM.

My first couple weeks was the previous entry in this blog.

Week 2 of classes down is the next entry in this blog.