(Crookston, Minn.)- Upper Iowa University defeated the University of Minnesota, Crookston 9-0 in Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) Women's Tennis action today at Courts Plus in Fargo, N.D. The Peacocks are ranked third in the Central Region. It was the spring season opener for both squads.
Despite the season opening loss for the Golden Eagles, Head Coach Josh Lunak saw positives. "I was very pleased with the way our team competed," says Coach Lunak. "I saw many positives today even though the match was one sided. Upper Iowa is a tough team with a ranking of number three in the region."
Upper Iowa 9, Minnesota, Crookston 0
Feb 12, 2010 at Fargo, ND (Courts Plus)
1. Dabiza, Anastasia (UIU) def. Lariviere, Andrea (UMC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Romer, Courtney (UIU) def. Jarvis, Cassandra (UMC) 6-0, 6-2
3. Cox, Mallery (UIU) def. Boateng, Michelle (UMC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Limburg, Betsy (UIU) def. Klingenberg, Alyssa (UMC) 6-3, 6-1
5. Montgomery, Kelsey (UIU) def. Erickson, Jessica (UMC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Henry, Nicole (UIU) def. Krueger, Caitlin (UMC) 6-0, 6-2
1. Dabiza, Anastasia/Limburg, Betsy (UIU) def. Lariviere, Andrea/Jarvis, Cassandra (UMC) 8-1
2. Cox, Mallery/Romer, Courtney (UIU) def. Boateng, Michelle/Klingenberg, Alyssa (UMC) 8-1
3. Montgomery, Kelsey/Smith, Jennah (UIU) def. Erickson, Jessica/Krueger, Caitlin (UMC) 8-0
Upper Iowa 5-1, 1-0 NSIC
Minnesota, Crookston 0-1, 0-1 NSIC
T-2.5 hrs. A-30
For more information, visit the Golden Eagle Athletics Web site at http://www.goldeneaglesports.com/.
The University of Minnesota, Crookston is a NCAA Division II Institution and a member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC). The Golden Eagle Equestrian team is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA).