Hopefully you are a registered voter and take time to vote tomorrow, or you have already sent in your absentee ballot. Registered students voters living in the UMC residence halls can vote at St. Paul's Lutheran Church. Other registered student voters can vote at the following voting sites for Crookston, depending on the Ward where they live (see Crookston Ward Map)
Crookston Polling Locations
Wards 1 & 5 - MnDOT Building, 1320 Sunflower St.
Wards 2 & 6 - St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 1214 University
Wards 3 & 4 - Mount St. Benedict, 620 Summit Ave.
The polls open Tuesday, November 2 at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m., unless otherwise noted in some townships.
In Minnesota, you may register 20 days before Election Day or on Election Day at your polling place.
Your registration remains current until you move, change your name, or do not vote for four consecutive years. You may update your registration information by completing another Voter Registration Application.
- will be at least 18-years-old on Election Day
- are a citizen of the United States
- will have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- have any felony conviction record discharged, expired, or completed
- are not under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- have not been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
Registering on Election Day
If you are not registered to vote or need to update your registration information, you may do so at your local polling location on Election Day as long as you can provide proof of residence.
To register at your polling place on Election Day, you must bring one of the following with your current name and address to verify your residence in the precinct :
- A valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, Minnesota ID card, or receipt for any of these
- A valid student ID card including your photo, if your college has provided a student housing list to election officials
- A Tribal ID card that contains your picture and signature
- A valid registration in the same precinct under a different name or address
- A notice of late registration sent to you by your county auditor or city clerk
- A voter registered in the same precinct as you who can confirm your address with a signed oath
For UMC Students
1) a photo ID and
2) a current utility bill, student fee statement or rent statement with your current name and address in the precinct. Students from the UMC residence halls/apartments will need to inform the officials at the polls that you live in the residence halls and they will confirm your name on an update list Residential Life provided.
Also, any residential student needing transportation to St. Paul's Lutheran Church should contact Debi Chandler at 281-8572 or email@example.com. Please contact her by 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning or at least 2 hours prior to needing a ride. We will provide transportation from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. if you make a reservation.