On Thursday, July 5, 2012, Extension Technology switched from using our own customer request ticketing system to using a new University-wide shared service called ServiceNow.
- Different messages:
- email you receive will come from "University of Minnesota Service Desk" firstname.lastname@example.org (notice the .com address instead of umn.edu)
- email subject line will start with INC123456
- Online self-service for tracking your help ticket. If you would like, you can login and read what has been done on your incident, as well as add additional notes or screenshots. (note--please do not enter new tickets for Extension here yet, they will go to OIT's 1-HELP)
See the screenshot below [click image to enlarge]:
WHAT'S STAYING THE SAME?
- The people supporting you, Extension Technology staff will continue to be your first line of support.
- Continue to enter tickets online or call 612-624-6700.
- Better collaboration and coordination with central OIT and other IT units across campus
- This change is a step towards better tools for you. As the rollout of ServiceNow continues, you'll have access to a searchable knowledge base and more.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
We welcome any and all feedback on this change. Tell us what you think via our online feedback form or leave us a comment!