Gold University of Minnesota M. Skip to main content. University of Minnesota.
Driven to Discover.

What's Inside.

Expert Alerts

Features

Multimedia

News Releases

News Wire

Resources

Related Links.

Subscribe

Media Contacts

moment-header

University of Minnesota Moment

« White coat, red nose | Main | Independence Lost: Cell Phones at College »

Battle of the brands

Hershey's chocolate chips in Pillsbury cookies and Intel processors running Dell computers. Sometimes it seems like we hear more about the pieces in a product than the product itself. It's called component branding and professor George John, chair of the marketing department at the University of Minnesota Carlson School, has studied the topic and says it can lead to some interesting problems, especially in an era of government bailouts.

Download fully produced :90 feature
Download raw interview audio
Embed Flash

Share

I have been reading out many of your posts and it's pretty clever stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your website.

Howdy! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you may have right here on this post. I shall be coming again to your blog for extra soon.

some truly interesting details you have written.

Fantastic put up! This might assist a number of folks discover out about this matter. Do you need to incorporate video clips together with these? It may undoubtedly assist out. Your purpose was spot on and owing to you; I most likely will not have to explain everything to my pals. I can simply direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

I'm still learning from you, but I'm trying to achieve my goals. I absolutely love reading all that is written on your blog.Keep the information coming. I liked it!

yay google is my king aided me to find this great web site ! .

I have been examinating out many of your articles and i can claim pretty clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog.

Howdy, i read your blog often and that i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you happen to get a number of spam feedback? If that's the case how do you stop it, any plugin or something you can advise? I get so much lately it is driving me mad so any assistance could be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there should not a lot good source like this.

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

Have you ever ever thought-about including more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I imply I simply learn by way of your complete article of yours and it was quite good but since I'm more of a visible learner,I discovered that to be more helpful effectively let me know the way it seems! I love what you guys are all the time up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the nice works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll. This is a nice article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog usually for some latest post. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

I went over this site and I think you have a lot of superb information, saved to bookmarks (:.

some truly wonderful information, Glad I observed this.

Your blog is very much worthy of a bookmark. Thank you for the terrific post!

I accept, I have not been on this site for a long time, however, it was another pleasure to see such a best items and ignore it. Thank you for helping making people more aware of excellent ideas.

I acknowledge, I have not been on this website for a long time, however, it was another pleasure to see such an best issues and overpass it. Appreciate for assisting making people more aware of excellent notions.

Thanks for the interesting things you have unveiled in your writing. One thing I'd really like to comment on is that FSBO associations are built after a while. By presenting yourself to the owners the first weekend their FSBO is usually announced, before the masses start calling on Wednesday, you create a good link. By giving them instruments, educational products, free reviews, and forms, you become a strong ally. By using a personal affinity for them and their predicament, you make a solid connection that, most of the time, pays off when the owners decide to go with a broker they know and trust - preferably you.

It's nice that there is someone who writes about these things. There are very useful.