100_0019.JPG

100_0047.JPG

100_0039.JPG

100_0057.JPG

100_0039.JPG

I was very happy with the end product of my work. My "Digital Flowers" really bloomed into something that I was satisfied with and felt that it was a solid idea. I was glad we ended up being able to use the student room for a show because I finally was able to put all my effort into a piece that had a place to go and didn't need to hold back because I wanted to do a installation kind of piece that had no where to go. The entire flow of of everyone's work went really well together how it was arranged and I am glad it worked out in the end.

FINALLY! Installation break-through

To keep in the creative spirit of flowers and gardening I decided to take garden fencing with 1'' squares to display my digital flowers as well as a artificial flower piece I have made, which includes a digital picture frame with three 1.5" display screens. I am going to be hanging the green fence and hang/drape it from the top of the ceiling and have at least a foot on the floor to display other artificial flowers. I am also including some of the greens from the artificial flowers and incorporate them with in the fencing. I have also printed photographs of flowers that I have taken and the digital/pixel flowers that I have created that will put on the fencing to show the contrast of digital/pixels, photographs, and artificial "real" flowers.

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

^^ I have taken the digital picture frame and inlaid the digital frame to blend more and be less distracting.

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Digital Idea

I am thinking of possibly using some kind of digital picture keychain to take place of my pixel flowers. I think it would really enhance the digital aspect that I am going for, I am unsure of how to display them with my installation piece.

catalogimageservlet.jpeg

these are some of the possible ways I am exploring to display them

foto-flower-mini-frame-bouquet.jpg

48c166a6d3ac2d29ff368f91ced5ef49.jpg

More installation ideas

I really like the idea of there being multiples of one thing, and going with my very first idea of this class I think covering the wall with fake flowers and incorporate my pixel/digital flowers some how. I want the flowers to "fall" and spread onto the floor as well. I am thinking of playing with the idea of using the fake flowers hanging on the wall as the "art piece" and the digital flowers coming up from the ground looking planted, so its like the flowers you think would be display like art work are actually "growing".

flowers_468x351.jpg

This is something I made as a temporary try of how to possibly cover a wall with flowers

Photo 66.jpg

Here are some other interesting installation ideas

528.jpg

5.jpg

07990-shadow-box-butterflie.jpg

Installation Idea

flower installation idea.jpg

Pixel Art

I really got intrigued by this pixel art because having such a love for photography, the best thing to achieve is a clear picture (plus a good photo), but this new fascination with making things look pixelated and "digital" has been really inspiring to me.

mike_maaike_stolen_jewels.jpg

mike_maaike_stolen_jewels2.jpg

pixel-art-book-jackets_1.jpg

pixel-coasters.jpg

pixel_coaster_cutouts.jpg

pixel-water-street-art.jpg

rubiksde.jpg

ToyotaPriusPixelArt1_thumb.jpg

monicaflowers4-04DST.jpg

wedding-sketch.jpg

pixel_tree_large.jpg

pixel_61.jpg

Lucky Star: Rachel

Testing of Video Transfer Method

I tested out the freezer paper transfer method on thursday March 18th and it was very successful. It ironed on easily to cotton fabric and I had no trouble sending it through J.Rock's printer.

Fun Stop Motion Commercial

Transfer Method