Recently in Avatar Category

New Idea: Digital Flowers

I took a nap Sunday afternoon and dreamed of a completely new idea for my project.
I call them Digital Flowers, I am taking photographs of flowers that I have taken and manipulating them in photoshop to make them have a more "digital" feel to them. I am then going to take these digital flowers I have produced, print them on transfer-sheets, iron them on fabric and incorporate them in with fake flowers I have purchased and arrange them inside of mini flower pots. I don't know if I am just dreaming of spring or what, but I am obviously ready for it!

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

Project 1 Avatar

avatar HOLLY URSPRINGER.jpg

Avatar Assignment 1

I created my avatar using mostly Adobe Photoshop and small amounts of Adobe Illustrator. My inspiration for my avatar was Andy Warhol's prints of Marilyn Monroe. I love using saturated colors as well as different hues for my avatars skin tone and hair color. I thought about the world my avatar would be living in and thought of waking up in the morning and being able to have any color skin tone or hair color you want. It could depend on your mood, what your wearing, or just your plain old favorite color that moment. I think it would be great if the color of people was almost mood changing so you know how people really are feeling, which may be a good or a bad thing. Overall my avatar would be a walking talking Andy Warhol-esque piece of art work in a world flourishing with saturated color.

Due Thursday Jan. 28th, 2010

Color print 10x10 inches

Avatar Self Portrait (20 min in class assignment)

AVATAR Holly Urspringer.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Avatar category.

About Me is the previous category.

Recently Noticed is the next category.