A University Retirees Volunteer Center Project
National History Day is an annual student competition sponsored by the Minnesota Historical Soc. and the Department of History, University of Minnesota. The final completion event will be held on May 2 at the U.
This is preceded by regional competitions for age divisions in March. Judges will attend an orientation on the day of the event. Optional judge training is offered for the finals on April 14. Your options as a judge are selection of either Junior Division (grades 6-8) or Senior Division (grades 9-12), and to judge one or more of the 5-hour competitions. Not only historians, but all who are interested in history are invited to register for judging.
The immediate need is for judging the Metro Regionals:
1. Thursday, March 12: Metro Junior Division Central Competition @ Normandale Community College, Bloomington - judging starts 5 pm.
2. Saturday, March 14: St. Paul Public Schools' Competition @ Harding H.S., St. Paul - judging starts 9 am & awards @ 2 pm.
3. Thursday, March 19: Metro Junior West Competition @ Robinsdale Middle School - judging starts 5 pm & awards @ 8:30 pm.
4. Saturday, March 21: Minneapolis Public Schools' Competition @ South H.S. - judging starts 9 am & awards @ 2 pm.
5. Saturday, March 28: Metro Junior East Competition @ White Bear Lake H.S. - judging starts 9 am & awards @ 2 pm.
Please contact URVC@UMN.EDU for judge registration.