The University Retirees Volunteer Center endeavors to seek meaningful acrivities we may have overlooked in serving the community. Refugee services seem terribly obvious and yet, while having supported one-time projects for this effort, we have not promoted on-going projects for such an important service integral to American goodwill. Check out these specific projects:
1. Interns to assist case managers for refugees.
2. Citizenship preparation assistants at a weekly Friday morning class.
3. Mentors to be a guide and friend to a refugee during the first few months in a new culture.
4. Food shelf volunteers for refugees/immigrants at the Neighborhood House in St. Paul.
5. Computer basics teacher for refugees/immigrants at the Neighborhood House in St. Paul.
If you would like more information about one of these weekly projects, we will connect you with the specific coordinator. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the URVC office at 612-625-8016.