Volunteers for 2nd Harvest Heartland Gala Fund Raiser
URVC Offers You A Delightful & Useful Project
DISH: Cuisine for Change, the annual gala fund raiser for Second Harvest Heartland, will be held on April 19th, 2012 at the River Centre in St. Paul. This will be an amazing event featuring food and wine sampling from local restaurants, live and silent auctions, and the comedian Sebastian Maniscalco!
Volunteers' gifts of time and talent entitles them to the following event perks:
* Complimentary meal
* Opportunity to partake in the local restaurant tasting experience (as your shift permits)
* Option to bid on auction items
To sign up for one of the following shifts contact URVC by Email email@example.com or speak to our office staff 612-625-8016.
We will register you and give you the 2nd Harvest Heartland coordinator contact. Please provide a phone number where you can be reached at on the day of the event. Once registered, you will receive a follow up e-mail with further details about 7-10 days prior to the event.
The following is a list of 4 volunteer shifts and duties:
* Shift Time: 5:15 PM to 8:30 PM
* Tasks: Volunteers will circulate the event to let guests know about the raffle and sell tickets.
2. Auction Spotters
* Shift Time: 7:00 to 9:00 PM
* Tasks: Volunteers Spotters will act as a visual liaison between bidders and the live auctioneer by pointing out bidders. They will also assist bidders with questions on their electronic bid pads
3. Auction Packing and Check out
* Shift Time: 7:30 to 10:30 PM
* Tasks: Volunteers will assist action winners, collect a signed invoice, and deliver their winning items to the guest. Those volunteers working the checkout terminals will be working with laptops and bar code scanners, so minimal technical experience is required.
4. Auction Floaters
* Shift Time: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
* Tasks: During the silent auction, you will circulate throughout the venue assisting bidders with the bid process on the electronic bid pads and kiosks.
We hope you will devote an evening of your time for this exciting event to raise money for Second Harvest Heartland,
Alan L. Kagan & Sally Schakel, URVC Project Directors