« Dance Program Featured on A-List | Main | Dance Program Recognized in the City Pages' Best of Minneapolis 2009 »

BIG LOVE Auditions Announced

AUDITIONS
BIG LOVE
Written by Charles Mee
Directed by Lisa Channer

Description of the play: Fifty brides flee their fifty grooms and seek refuge in a villa on the coast of Italy in this modern re-making of one of the western world's oldest plays, The Danaids by Aeschylus. And, in this villa on the Italian coast, the fifty grooms catch up with the brides, and mayhem ensues: the grooms arriving by helicopter in their flight suits, women throwing themselves over and over again to the ground, pop songs and romantic dances, and, finally, unable to escape their forced marriages, 49 of the brides murder 49 of the grooms-and one bride falls in love. About the same odds as today.

The entire play is available to all at http://charlesmee.com/html/big_love.html

It is suggested that you read it before auditioning so you understand the style in which it is written and the world it inhabits.

Auditions are Monday May 4th from 6:30-11:00pm in Room 20 and callbacks are Tuesday May 5th from 7:00-9:30pm.

An audition sign-up sheet is posted on the callboard across from the tunnel entrance in the Pit.

For May 4th Auditions:
Sign up for a slot and come with two things:
A song excerpt that is no longer than one minute in length.
A monologue excerpt that is no longer than two minutes in length.

Note: Everyone must sing for the audition (even if it is Happy Birthday) although not every character sings in the show so you may be cast even if your singing is less than stellar :-)

For May 5th Callbacks:
You will be asked to prepare sides from the play and there will be a group dance/movement audition. Additional information about the callbacks will be given after the initial auditions.

Questions? Chann006@umn.edu or 626.6617

You may be one person in this world, but to one person you mean the world.

Yeah bookmaking this wasn't a speculative conclusion outstanding post! .

SereniGy Business Opportunity - SereniGy and The Silver Lining offer an incredible business opportunity in SereniGy gano coffee.

I envy your piece of work, thankyou for all the informative blog posts.

I must admit, the webmaster is a cool guy..!

Can I make a suggestion? I believe youve got some thing good here. But what in the event you added a couple links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you could give us something to have a look at, some thing that would connect what youre saying to something tangible? Just a suggestion.

Excellent blog here! Also your website loads up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Enjoyed that. Thanks for the Blog

kwan een kruisje eyes you I on of you and keep you

I used to be suggested this blog by means of my cousin. I am not sure
whether this publish is written by him as no one else recognize such special approximately
my problem. You are wonderful! Thanks!

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the page layout
of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got
to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of
content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot
of text for only having one or 2 pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?