« Associate Professor Joanie Smith Receives a 2010 NEA Access to Artistic Excellence Grant | Main | Associate Professor Lisa Channer's Company Theatre Novi Most to Perform at Open Eye Figure Theater »

Head of BA Performance Program Luverne Seifert in Ten Thousand Things Presentation of "My Fair Lady"

Luverne Seifert appears as Alfred P. Doolittle in Ten Thousand Things' latest production of My Fair Lady. Ten Thousand Things targets its work at audiences who rarely see theater -- at prisons, chemical-dependency homes, shelters and other nontraditional locales. The company's stripped-down style has a distinct and lean simplicity that more often than not rediscovers the essence of drama.

For more information:
The 'Lady' stripped bare

Ten Thousand Things strips down Eliza and Henry

THEATER | Ten Thousand Things present a "My Fair Lady" with loverly acting, but plain singing

Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you'll know which is right for you.