« Associate Professor Lisa Channer Featured in Art of the Research | Main | Assistant Professor Diyah Larasati Featured in Deccan Herald »

University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts & Dance Welcomes Thomas Proehl as new Producing Director

The University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts & Dance announces Thomas Proehl as the new Producing Director. He will be joining the department in August 2010, succeeding former Managing Director Sherry Wagner-Henry who left the department last November to become the Director of Graduate Programs in the U of M College of Continuing Education.

A native of Moorhead, MN, Proehl returns to the state after having served as Director of Administration and Operations at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, CA. Prior to that position, he worked as the Minnesota State Arts Board Executive Director. During his tenure, the Arts Board received a 19% increase in funding supporting artists, arts organization and art educators. Proehl was also the Managing Director of the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, MN. While at the Guthrie, he oversaw the construction of the new $125 million complex on the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.

Proehl holds a BA from Minnesota State University Moorhead, and a MFA from Brooklyn College of the City University of New York. He has served as a guest lecturer in the U of M/Guthrie Theater BFA Actor Training Program, the Performing Arts Management Program at Brooklyn College, and the Arts and Cultural Management Program at Saint Mary's University in Minneapolis. He has served on National Endowment for the Arts review panels; as an executive committee member of the League of Resident Theatres, and as a consultant and/or board member for numerous arts organizations across the country.

When asked about accepting this position, Proehl stated "I am honored to be joining my new colleagues in Theatre Arts and Dance at the U of M. I have always admired the U's commitment to research, education and community partnerships and have a great respect for the artists and arts groups that so selflessly contribute to the cultural community of the Twin Cities and the entire state of Minnesota. To say that I am excited to return to Minnesota is an understatement--it is a true privilege!"

As Producing Director, Proehl will be overseeing the department's Re-imagining Community Arts Partnerships (RiCAP) initiative. RiCAP explores the relationships between the Department of Theatre Arts & Dance and the performing arts community in which it is embedded. It focuses on the importance of creation and production to the department's educational and research mission and training of theatre and dance students--the next generation of artists and arts leaders--and how strong community partnerships could transform that mission. According to Department Chair Carl Flink, "I think Tom is an incredible addition to our department. His experience throughout Minnesota and beyond will be invaluable to our efforts to place public engagement and partnerships at the center of our theater and dance production activities."

Following study just a couple of of the weblog posts in your internet web site now, and I in fact like your means of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website listing and will probably be checking once more soon. Pls check out my web page as properly and let me know what you think.

I merely wanted to thank you a lot far more for your incredible website you've developed here. It can be full of useful ideas for those who are really interested in this specific subject, primarily this extremely post. Your all so sweet in addition to thoughtful of other people and reading the blog posts is a superb delight in my opinion. And thats a generous present! Dan and I usually have enjoyment creating use of your recommendations in what we want to do inside the near future. Our checklist is a distance long and ideas will undoubtedly be put to outstanding use.

Woh I really like your posts , bookmarked ! My wife and i take issue along together with your last point.

Wonderful help from this weblog! Thanks alot for the details I needed

Particular paid google internet pages offer complete databases relating whilst personal essentials of persons although range beginning telephone number, civil drive public records, as well as criminal arrest back-ground documents.

Oui, merci bien , vraiment bien.
Ca fait un bout de temps que je cherchais des renseignements.
continu comme cela
Julie :)

Would be helpful if we relied on what you said

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa? My website addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

You made some good points there. I looked on the web to find out more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.

Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article. Many thanks for supplying this information.

You've got undoubtedly invested some time with this. Congrats!

Exceptional write-up upon all the principles.

Genuinely helpful, thank you for putting up it.

You've got got a fantastic state about this subject, and so significantly information.

site packed up as rapidly as the one particular you have lol

clearly described thumbs up.

I must ensure that's stays for long term reference. ALSO.... I became very happily surprised to view that this author

A great write-up with each other with good suggestions.

I identified excellent top quality sorts here as nicely.

I will grow to be coming back for your own internet internet site for further prior to long.

Making use of wonderful analytical indicates.

You have completed a superb fonction your web page.

Realy thank you relating to commencing this certain upwards.

The information you are going to learn on this internet site is as quite very good, otherwise better, than some thing you'll be able to locate

I reckon something genuinely interesting about your web site so I bookmarked .