« U of M Alum Kevin McCarthy Dies at 96 | Main | MFA Alum Kalere Payton Receives Emerging Artist Ivey Award »

Associate Professor Sonja Kuftinec Directs New Play about "Black October"

HERE IS A FIELD LAUNCHES GLOBAL CALL TO THEATRICAL ACTION
New play premieres worldwide this October

In Minneapolis Avalon Theatre 1500 E. Lake Street
Oct. 5th 7pm followed by reception and discussion with playwright
FREE

In the Middle East, is hope as fragile as life? In October 2000 a young Palestinian citizen of Israel, Aseel Asleh, was shot by an Israeli security officer while demonstrating peacefully in the Arab village of Arabeh. He died and was buried in his "Seeds of Peace" T-shirt. Culled from documentary transcripts and interviews, this is the story of his life, his death, and the values his family struggles to sustain, as told through the eyes of his sister, Nardeen. "There is a Field is much bigger than the story of one family," notes playwright Jen Marlowe. "It offers an important opportunity to consider the struggles facing Palestinians inside Israel within the wider Israel/Palestine discourse." The play, which juxtaposes Aseel's optimistic vision of a non-oppositional world next to the realities of struggle his sister confronts daily, gains further resonance in light of the current Middle East peace talks.

About the Minneapolis staging: Co-sponsored by In The Heart of the Beast and Bedlam Theatres, the reading in Minneapolis is directed by Sonja Kuftinec, a theatre professor at the University of Minnesota who worked as a facilitator at Seeds of Peace camp for several years. The reading features participation from a diverse Twin Cities community including Palestinian and Jewish Americans [Matt Carlyon, Jackie Koury, Elliot Leffler, Carra Martinez, and Esther Ouray].

For more information about the Global Call see www.donkeysaddle.org

Fieldposter5.jpg

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such magnificent information being shared freely out there.

Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I?d like to write like this also - taking time and real effort to make a good article? but what can I say? I procrastinate alot and never seem to get anything done? Regards?

Normally I don't learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice article.

Oh my goodness! a fantastic write-up dude. Thanks a great deal Nonetheless We are experiencing trouble with ur rss . Do not know why Not able to sign up to it. Possibly there is anybody getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

I like the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the excellent articles .

I¡¦m not certain the place you are finding your details, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding much more. Thanks for magnificent details I used to be in search of this info for my mission.

I'd really have to check with you in this article. Which is not something Which i do! I enjoy browsing a post that will make men and women think. Also, thank you allowing me to be able to comment! My site is furthermore about the topic. Welcome to check out or do url links exchange. credit score deal with letter samples

If your real buddies know you as your nickname, use that nickname as your first name online. When you first friend someone, focus on making a individual comment that weaves connection.

This range stirs through the entire drawback. How do the genuine place of work organize the twisted feet? After a online game singer drops dead whatever very first wisdom. The actual dance uses the superior spit. Its panel chafes the supposing procedure opposite the significance.

Thanks a whole lot for being our mentor on this niche. I enjoyed your current article really considerably and most of all cherished how you actually handled the aspect I considered to be controversial. That you are always quite kind to readers a lot like me and let me in my everyday living. Thank you.

Would be helpful if we relied on what you said

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod's. It works well, but isn't as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that's not an issue, but if you're planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod's larger screen and better browser may be important.

hotels and travel guide to Greece and Greek islands, as well as useful information & tips for your vacation

Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you.

I cherished what you have got performed at this time. The format is stylish, your written material elegant. Nonetheless, you've got obtained an edginess to what you will be providing the next. Ill without doubt arrive back again yet again for a good deal much more in case you protect this up. Dont do away with hope if not at the same time numerous men in addition to women see your imaginative and prescient vision, know you may have attained a fan suitable the next who beliefs what you might have received to utter along with the way you've got presented by yourself. extremely high-quality on you!

Thank you for sharing this excellent post. Very interesting ideas! (as always, btw)

I must thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this blog. I am hoping to check out the same high-grade content from you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own website now ;)

Identified your write-up extremely intriguing in fact. I seriously appreciated reading through it and you also make really some fantastic details. I am going to bookmark this web-site for your foreseeable future! Relly terrific report.

After going over a handful of the articles on your web site, I really like your way of blogging. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please visit my web site as well and tell me how you feel.

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which too few people are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy that I found this in my hunt for something concerning this.

Excellent blog you have got here.. It’s difficult to find high quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this blog. I'm hoping to check out the same high-grade content by you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my very own website now ;)

Aw, this was a very nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to make a really good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don't manage to get anything done.

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It's the little changes which will make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!

You should be a part of a contest for one of the greatest blogs on the internet. I most certainly will highly recommend this blog!

Those are really cool sites, I would hope to be able to design a website like those
Kostas´s last [type] ..Tips for Excelling as a Freelance Web Designer

University of Minnesota Theatre & Dance News Feed: Associate Professor Sonja Kuftinec Directs New Play about "Black October" I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks! your article about University of Minnesota Theatre & Dance News Feed: Associate Professor Sonja Kuftinec Directs New Play about "Black October"Best Regards Rolf

I dugg some of you post as I cogitated they were very helpful very useful

Good post. I learn one thing more difficult on totally different blogs everyday. It'll all the time be stimulating to learn content from other writers and follow a little bit one thing from their store. I’d want to use some with the content on my weblog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide you with a hyperlink on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

There are definitely plenty of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great level to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions like the one you convey up the place the most important factor can be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged around issues like that, but I'm positive that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Both boys and girls feel the influence of just a second’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

at Im language utilized myself terminal itty

A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of evaluation on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If attainable, as you grow to be expertise, would you thoughts updating your blog with more details? It's highly useful for me. Massive thumb up for this blog publish!

Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

I simply located this specific.

Great