« Associate Professor Joanie Smith Named Artist of the Year | Main | Showboat Auditions Held Sunday, January 30 and Monday, January 31 »

Faculty Members Receive 2011 Imagine Fund Annual Awards

Congratulations to our faculty members who received 2011 Imagine Fund Awards! 151 awards were distributed representing $755,000 in support for research in the arts, design, and the humanities were made in December, 2010, for the 2011 academic year. The programs are supported by a generous grant from the McKnight Foundation, from new internal reallocations from the University of Minnesota Graduate School and the Office of the Vice President for Research, and from the creation of the chairs through the Permanent University Fund.

Lisa Channer "Three Festivals: Pure Research on European Dance-Theatre trends"

Ananya Chatterjea "Arts against gender violence: performance and social justice"

Marcus Dilliard "2011 Prague Design Quadrennial and USITT Study Tour"

Megan Lewis "Performing Africa Research Residency"

Joanie Smith "Theatrical set for new dance work, When We Last Spoke"

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

You are a very bright person!