« Tessie Bundick On Being an Extra in Coen Brothers' "A Serious Man" | Main | NBC features Penumbra Theatre Founder, Lou Bellamy, Theatre Art's Professor Emeritus »

Toni Pierce-Sands and Uri Sands named 2011 Artists of the Year

The Director of University Dance Theatre and faculty member Toni Pierce-Sands along with Cowles Visiting Artist Uri Sands were named 2011 Artists of the Year by City Pages.
(see citypages.com Dec. 21)

" More than a couple of talented artists who happen to be life and artistic partners Toni Pierce-Sands and Uri Sands are dancers with a mission. When they combined their initials to form TU Dance in 2004, they were determined to create a company and school that reflected the increasing diversity of the Twin Cities' urban community," writes Linda Shapiro. "In its relatively short life, TU Dance has managed to achieve artistic success, popular acclaim and broad reach in the community."

In the past year, these distinguished artists opened a state-of-the-art dance center offering dance a wide variety of experiences from ballet to Afro-Brazilian Dance, evolved a crack ensemble of performers animating Uri's multilingual choreography which has earned numerous awards attracting national attention and loyal fans, and their Ordway concert last May was the first ever to sell out the 1,000 seat house. Most recently their collaborative talents as choreographer and director were seen in the dance " ...And Let Go " as part of UDT's Dance Revolutions concert at Rarig Center.

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod's. It works well, but isn't as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that's not an issue, but if you're planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod's larger screen and better browser may be important.

Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

May I simply just say what a relief to find an individual who really knows what they are discussing over the internet. You definitely realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important. A lot more people ought to read this and understand this side of the story. It's surprising you are not more popular since you definitely have the gift.

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this post and the rest of the website is really good.

Awesome report written. Sometimes self-developed ecommerce system is more user friendly than the mentioned opensource ones...

Shalom, I'm extremely amazed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. This design is steller! Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Might you be involved in doing an interview about how you created it? Also do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers? I was curious if you ever considered generating extra income for free by offering your services to help other bloggers. Here's how it operates, you post items or services you can do quickly and that you simply don’t mind getting paid $1.99, $3, $4, $5, $7, $10, $17, $27, $37, $47 to $199 bucks. You can pretty much offer carry out everything from offering services such as writing articles for sites, help establishing someone’s web or blogsite, singing happy birthday in a special language, to arrange a Twitter account for a person... etc. etc. Plenty of individuals use Giga5.com as a supplement for their main business, as a way to make easy supplemental income. In this current month alone I have earned in excess of $479 a good extra money from that - With your type of expertise you might earn extra money online 10 times more than that. Bless you! - Florida

Hi ya, I'm a newebie to this blogging stuff But, I've just recently started my own blog, and I really like your site. I located it while looking for interesting articles on google. BTW If you are look for big discounts on eharmony, match or perfectmatch, please check out my site.

your woman their very hot