« Feb 10-12, Carl Flink & Black Label Movement unveil new work at Cowles Center | Main | Sommers' "Sorcerer's Apprentice" makes magic says Star Tribune »

Michael Sommer's Casts a Spell with Open Eye Theatre's "Sorcerer's Apprentice"

Michael Sommers, artistic director of the Open Eye Figure Theatre and U of M theatre professor, makes magic with a haunting marionette performance of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," complete with an original musical score played live. Most people know the story as Disney's "Fantasia", but Sommers utilizes a simpler approach to show off the intricate, mystical relationship between puppeteer and puppet rooted in this ancient art form. Drawn from Goethe's original 100-line poem, Sommers' adaptation skillfully crafted to fit his Open Eye performance space is a labor of love five years in the making. He creates a 50-minute transporting experience into the European marionette tradition. Now showing through March 4th at the Open Eye Figure Theatre. Note: special student pricing.
Click here to read full article entitled "Magic and Marionettes" by Tony Wagner in the Minnesota Daily, February 9th, 2012.

just what I needed thanks...

I needed to put you the very little remark to say thank you once again for your fantastic information you've contributed at this time. It was really remarkably open-handed of people like you in giving easily all numerous people might have advertised as an e-book to earn some dough for themselves, certainly since you could have tried it in case you desired. These concepts as well served to become great way to recognize that other individuals have the identical interest the same as my own to see a great deal more on the topic of this issue. I know there are a lot more pleasurable sessions ahead for people who read through your blog post.