« TDF to Honor Mathew LeFebvre, Professor and Designer | Main | Professor Lisa Channer's Theatre Novi Most does "Picnic on the Battlefield" »

Meet the Artist: Sugith Varughese, UMTAD Alum and Award-Winning Screenwriter/Director/Actor

University of Minnesota theatre alumnus Sugith Varughese, the award-winning screenwriter, director and actor, will visit the Xperimental Theatre in Rarig Center as a part of the Meet the Artist Series on Wednesday, March 28 at 2:00 pm.

Varughese's credits include writing for the Muppet series "Fraggle Rock," "Blue Murder" and "Blobheads." He also co-wrote the IMAX film "Lost Worlds: Life in the Balance" and directed the award-winning shorts "Kumar and Mr. Jones," "Mela's Lunch," "The Secret Life of Goldfish" and "Tongue Tied." His film acting credits include "Mission to Mars" and "Orphan" while his television career includes "Little Mosque on the Prairie," "An American in Canada," and "Metropia." He has also done stage work and numerous radio plays. Winner of the Writers Guild of Canada award, Varughese became the Toronto Public Library's first screenwriter-in-residence. A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Minnesota, Varughese additionally holds an MFA in film from York University and has taught at Humber College and Centennial College. He currently teaches at the Toronto Film School.

I need to say, youve got among the very best blogs Ive seen in a lengthy time. What I wouldnt give to have the ability to create a weblog thats as interesting as this. I guess Ill just have to keep reading yours and hope that 1 day I can write on a subject with as significantly information as youve got on this 1!