Service Guidelines and Description
The University Libraries provides this blog service (hereafter referred to as the "Service") in support of personal, curricular, and scholarly communications conducted by the University community. The Service is made available to any current faculty, student, or staff member of the Twin Cities campus of the University of Minnesota.
- Service Guidelines
Use of the Service is subject to all applicable University of Minnesota policies and local, state, and federal law. Applicable U of M policies include but are not limited to:
Information Technology Policies:
These policies include, but are not limited to, the following points:
- Contents of all electronic pages must be consistent with University of Minnesota policies and local, state, and federal laws. This includes links to other pages or computers. In other words, a page may be considered in violation if it contains links to a page that violates the policy.
- Selling of online advertising space to non-University entities is acceptable only under strict guidelines. Banner advertising on University of Minnesota Web pages is strictly forbidden.
- University of Minnesota resources may not be used to create Web pages primarily for personal business or personal gain, except as permitted by other University policies.
- The following statement will appear on all pages created through the service: "The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota."
- Information Technology Policies:
- Service Description
Current students, and faculty or staff members of the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, are eligible to register for the Service. An initiated U of M Internet ID and Password is required.
As part of its overall program of services to the Twin Cities campus, the Libraries provides the Service at no cost to eligible users.
- Ownership and Copyright
The copyright and all related rights to original work posted via the Service is owned by and is the sole responsibility of its author(s). The Service provides a mechanism through which a blog author may license the content of his or her blog through a Creative Commons license. More information on Creative Commons licenses is available through the Service's manuals and documentation and through the Creative Commons website.
- Practices Regarding Use and Storage
The Service may establish limits regarding use of the Service and may modify these limits at any time.
The University Libraries intends to provide access to the Service to a blog author as long as he or she has an active U of M Internet Account.
The University Libraries intends to archive the content of all the blogs on the Service for non-commercial, historical purposes. By using the Service, authors grant the University Libraries non-exclusive rights to archive blog content in any format.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
The Service is offered at the author's own risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Modifications to Service
The University Libraries reserves the right to change, at any time, at our sole discretion, the provisions of the Service.