Testing: Problems that have surfaced
Hello everyone! First of all, thanks to everyone that has tested the system so far. A number of problems have been found thanks to your diligence. Please let me know ASAP if you find anymore problems!
Overall, testing has gone well. I think the bulk of the new functionality has been working as expected. There has just been a few things that have, again, surfaced as true bugs.
- Guest Internet IDs don’t seem to be working
- System Overview -> Select a new Blog – shows all blogs, should only show user’s blogs
- Add users screen – Choices for user permissions are being cut off.
- Conversion problems
- Blogs that use the comments popup need to be automatically switched to point at the Individual Archive Template. The popup will no longer work in MT 4.2.
- Page creation on existing blogs is buggy. In fact, the system doesn't seem to publish a new page at all. On new MT 4.2 blogs pages publish fine.
- There seems to be a problem with the "Action Stream" blog type. What this blog type is supposed to do is show a record of all the user's activity on the system. So, if you have three blogs and post in all them, the Action Stream should show all the activity on these three blogs. Right now, the Action Stream is flat out buggy. We'll look into it, but we may need to drop this blog type for now.
- On "Community Blogs" commenting seems to be broken. Brings up the error: "Text was entered wrong"
- Lots of bugs and confusion regarding the Privacy Plugin feature (this plugin should help make blogs private to only listed U of M Internet IDs). We will definitely try to fix these issues.
Finally, there are three plugins I'd also like to have installed before we launch:
- Template Exporter (http://plugins.movabletype.org/template-exporter/)
- Image Gallery (http://plugins.movabletype.org/image-gallery/ … I’ve also asked about pricing for BlogShow -- http://plugins.movabletype.org/blogshow-mt/)
- Custom Field Search (http://plugins.movabletype.org/customfieldssearch/)
Those should make the new UThink even better. Let me know if any other plugins look worth while.
Finally, as you might have noticed, we have pushed back our date to officially make the upgrade. I am hopeful we can make the switch in the next two weeks, depending on how quickly we can fix all these problems.
Thanks again to everyone that is testing the new system! Let me know if you find any more issues!