University of Minnesota

UThink News

« UThink upgrade March 14, 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM | Main | UThink blog administration downtime scheduled for October 31, 2010 »

UThink event planned for June 2, 2:00 - 4:00 in Walter 402!

"UThink: Blogging and Beyond," a presentation highlighting multiple features of UThink Blogs, a service for the University community, is scheduled for 2-4 p.m. Wednesday, June 2, in 402 Walter Library.

UThink, a service offered by the University Libraries with support from the Office of Information Technology (OIT), is intended to aid in teaching and learning, scholarly communication, and individual expression, and provide support for personal, curricular, and scholarly communications conducted by the University community. The service is available to any current faculty, student, or staff member of the Twin Cities campus.

The event will focus on the various uses for UThink, including blogging and less well-known, unique uses the service can provide in an academic setting. Presentations by UThink site creators from the College of Education and Human Development, School of Public Health and the Humphrey Institute are planned. Attendees also will have an opportunity to ask questions of the panel. Refreshments will be served.

Those interested in attending the event should R.S.V.P. via www.oit.umn.edu/news-events/register. The event also will be available via UMConnect at www.umconnect.umn.edu/uthink.

I simply love UMConnect.

I know it was on UMConnect. Does that mean it was recorded? I'd like others in my office to watch it.

What is the real purpose of a guest account? Are you allowed to connect to UMConnect and blog, etc?