« What to consider when writing your revision narrative | Main

Last Discussion--Week 15

Here is your last blog opportunity. Since I was remiss in posting it last week (I thought I had, but apparently I didn't), you have until Tuesday (I have to have grades in Wednesday, so I can't give you any more time than that).

So here's the question:

Are you planning on doing any reading over the break? If so, what?

I have a long list of things my thesis adviser wants me to read, so I'll be busy reading Virginia Woolf, Colette, W. S. Merwin, and Elizabeth Bishop.

Thanks for a great semester! Enjoy the break.

My goal is to read The Brothers Karamazov (in English, although perhaps one day in Russian :)

I plan on reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, by the same author who wrote The Kite Runner. I read The Kite Runner last spring and loved it, and I have been hearing that A Thousand Splendid Suns is even better.

I am demanding that I read Life of Pi because I've had it for about a year and I've started it twice but then got too busy with other things. If I finish that I want to pick up where I left off. My goal is to read everything that is the AP List that my teacher gave us last year. It will probably take me years, but I'll get there someday! Wish me luck!

I bought the book "Everything is Illuminated" a couple weeks ago and only got to page 18. I'll definitely read that over the break.

I have been trying to read "The World is Flat" for a long time. I will finally get through it, hopefully. I think I'll probably read some David Sedaris too :)