Extra credit opportunity

Download file

I have decided to offer an opportunity to earn some extra credit if you’re worried about your attendance and/or class participation.

Anyone who is interested may give a presentation (solo or group) in discussion section the last full week of classes. (12/5 for Wed. and 12/7 for Fri.)

You can perform a skit, give an informative presentation, have a debate, design an exercise for the class, or lead a discussion. This can be on any of the books we’ve read this semester, with the exception of To the Lighthouse.

In exchange, I will drop one of your unexcused absences OR raise your participation grade for the semester, your choice.

Please notify me by e-mail NO LATER THAN Wed. 11/28 if you want to take advantage of this opportunity, for scheduling purposes.

Presentation topics and information

Download file

This will be handed out at our meeting on Thursday, but I've made it available here as well.

Please log in!

I've gotten some comments that are showing up as "anonymous." Please make sure to sign in or add your name at the bottom of the comment box so that I can credit you properly.

Reading assignments for next week

In case any of you missed it:

For Tuesday (10/2), read the short story by Lapcharoensap that was handed out in lecture on 9/27. Its author will be a guest speaker on Tuesday. It would be wonderful if you could think of some questions to ask him; we're very fortunate to have this opportunity!

For Thursday (10/4), read up to pg. 222 in As I Lay Dying. My advice is to keep plugging away at it this weekend; don't leave it all for Wednesday night. But you're all adults; you can figure this out for yourselves.

Grading info for reading responses

Download file

This is an explanation of the grading policy for the reading response papers.

Section 003 (Friday) Syllabus

Download file

Section 002 (Wednesday) Syllabus

Download file