Classical Conditioning

The concept I learned in psychology that I think I will remember for years to come is classical conditioning. I'm not sure why this is so important to me, maybe it is cause after learning about it I can relate many things to this concept. A simple example that I can think of now for those of you who are athletes and played a sport in high school is, "get on the line." If a random person were told that it wouldn't mean much or trigger any fear. But athletes know that when you here get on the line it means that you are going to be conditioning. This makes "get on the line" a conditioned stimulus with the conditioned response being fear. Classical conditioning is one of the concepts I will never forget because I feel it can relate to situations in my life.

This is interesting. I never really thought of classical conditioning in terms of sports like this. I almost feel as if I understand it a bit more now (I didn't really understand it much in the lectures, book, or discussions, just one of those things). But I wouldn't say that "get on the line" would strike fear, more so, I feel that it would strike adrenaline. This would make people feel excited to get running, sprinting, jumping, hitting, throwing, etc., a real athlete isn't scared of what their conditioning is, they only know it's to make them stronger and better.

Classical conditioning is interesting and you can relate it to a lot of things in your life. And you can even try and use it on other people, whether it be for fun or for an actual reason.