Crazy Beautiful Life

One concept I have learned during this semester in phycology is the big five model of personality and this model is one that I think I will remember five years from now. This is most likely because I found it to be the most identifiable. Personality is one of the factors that make individuals unique from each other. It helps form who we are, how we view the world, what we like, what we don't like, and so much more. At one point in my life I thought that if I were able to change my personality I would be able to become more appealing to others, so I tried to change my actions, emotions, even how I dressed. Needless to say, I wasn't able to keep this act up very long. I found myself reverting back to my old ways and I realized that I was happier this way. I also came to realize that if someone didn't like me for whom I was, it didn't really matter. Not everyone I interact with has to like me. This difference between individuals provides us with a unique and diverse world. Everyone has his or her place in this universe and that makes life beautiful.

NYC.jpg

Nice blog entry! I enjoyed reading about your take on personality for each individual. I definitely think that many people may try and "change" their personality to be more appealing toward society. I have been there, and experienced the same that you did. No matter what, our individual, unique, personality is the right one for us! It will always make us the happiest when we can be ourselves and not have to worry about creating a new personality. Overall, I enjoyed reading your entry and am glad that you know who you need to be as an individual!

I really enjoyed the overall personal touch to this blog entry. I was able to connect with everything you were saying and at the same time apply psychology. Similarly, I'm a very quiet person and found that it was hard to try and fit in with other people who were louder. So I ultimately tried changing by being more of a conversationalist but found myself still being the quiet person I am. I learned from the experience that I have to accept that I am who I am. Just be comfortable in your own skin.