« Annotated Bibliography... | Main | Writing Styles »

Play Station 3, XBOX360 or Nintendo Wii

Now that Play Station 2 and XBOX have become obselete, I am getting to the point where I would like to buy a new system. I have always been a Sony fan, but now Ps3 will be very expensive. I decided to do a pro-con list

Ps3:
Pro: Sony, Easy Controller, Great Graphics
Con: Expensive, Limited systems available

XBOX360:
Pro: HD, Great Graphics
Con: Big Chunky Controller

Nintendo Wii: I dont know much about.

If anyone wants to help me come up with reasons to buy one, or just want to chime in on video games system world. RESPOND!

Haha, personally I do not think that a con of an xbox 360 is a big controller. I have a regular xbox and I think it works fine.
Personally I would go with the xbox 360 because it is cheaper and basically the same thing as an PS3. Now I am not saying this because I prefer xbox over playstation/2, I have both systems and like both. I just say xbox 360 is the better deal. Also I don't think many games are out on PS3 compared to xbox 360 so you have more of a variety. Heck, I would get a 360 just to play Oblivion, if you know what that game is.

Just my opinion and hope it helps!

Go with the Wii man.. It is going to blow everything else out of the water. For 250, its super unique and affordable. Now it seems like we are out buying a desktop computer, but we really are not. The Wii has a very unique controller which makes playing tennis, baseball, golf, and sword games. If you are playing a basketball of football game, you turn the controller over and you play like a regular controller. To see how the controller works, search it on youtube. The Wii also comes with a bunch of minigames.
As for the PS3, some benefits is that it is the cheapest blu ray player on the market, but they will go down in price now. Chances of you getting your hands on a PS3 are extremely slim. Waiting for it at doors of Circuit City or Best Buy, you wont find it. Then it will be going for about 1500-2000 on ebay through the holiday seasons.
Mark, short term wise, you are better off going with the Wii for a year or so then with the PS3. Unless you are willing to spend thousands, then I say the PS3 is no where near worth the money.
BTW, the 360 is okay, you are not going to get much out of it unless you own a 52 inch Sony Plasma, with High definition. Otherwise again, it looks amazing. Recently played NBA2K7 at work in the previous setting and the game looked real. I thought it was the actual game at the morning meeting that day.
In conclusion, I would go with the Wii. I have talked to a lot of serious gamers and that is what they prefer.

depends on what you want.
Go for the PS3 if you want to waste 600 bucks for nothing except the promise that FFXIII will be out in a year, and the sports games have pretty good gameplay.
Go for the X-box 360 if you like action/fps type games. with Gears of War, and Halo 3 on the way, if those are you games, that's your best system.
Go for the Wii if you want the best game of all time *i should cite that, every video game mag.* the new zelda game. the wii eventually will be the best, they held back brawl, so after that comes out, it will be the best.

I am personally a big fan of Nintendo. I have not heard much about the new Wii, but it does take away one important factor. I know that when I play video games its probably because I am trying to be very lazy at that time. If I had any ambition in me I would probably be out doing something other than playing games. It may sound like the worst reason ever but I don't know about the new Wii because you always have to be moving with those controls. I think ill have to just stick to my Nintendo 64 with Bond 007 Golden Eye, Tony Hawk and Mario Kart.

If I want to buy a christmas present for my brother.. what game should I buy him and why???? Boys are always obsessed with Halo.. if someone could explain this to me, that would be amazing because I DON'T GET IT. probably because I always move the controller around to try to get my guy to move and it never works.. my brother's make fun of me when I play but they yell at me when I don't. Anyways, if anyone can make a good argument for WHY Halo is such a great game, please do.

Halo is basically a strategy shooting game. It is fun. I think, because it was basically Microsofts first shooting game, it is big. I am not a huge fan (because all the buttons on the original XBOX controller suck).

Also, I have made a final decision. I will be purchasing the XBOX 360, sometime this spring. I am a big baseball fan and the Wii will not have an MLB game. THe XBOX 360, simplified the control, and will be cheaper at the time.

Thanks for the advice!

All of them make a good point on which one to buy but the thing is if you want to give up your left leg for the PS3 go ahead, with the XBOX 360 you will have to dish it lie you have it(meaning money), and the Wii just won't be around to throw down the 3 bills for it ($300). Having fun throwing around the East Cost slang for this post. Hopes this works for any one

I say buy the PS3 if you have any patiences. i was just in a best buy on thursday after class and walked in on 10 PS3's sitting there. I feel like a dumbass for not buying one or two of them. I say if you can get your hands on a PS3 sell it on Ebay for 1000-2000 dollars. now you have from 400-1600 dollars profit from buying the system now you can wait and buy the PS3 for free again or you can buy one of the other systems and still have money left over.

Its finny that you have decided to move on from the xbox360. I have jusy finished doing a review of the games that can be played on various platform (my son's 21st birthday is coming up) and have just settles on the xbox360 - just because the games are so appealing! I started with the idea of getting the wii but even with the snazzy controllers I just don't think the games compare!

Its finny that you have decided to move on from the xbox360. I have just finished doing a review of the games that can be played on various platform (my son's 21st birthday is coming up) and have just settles on the xbox360 - just because the games are so appealing! I started with the idea of getting the wii but even with the snazzy controllers I just don't think the games compare!