An Introduction

When I'm not being a professor these days, I'm usually being a photographer, and often a traveler as well. My wife and I travel widely and often. We've been to all seven continents, nearly all of the countries of Europe, and all the United States except (we think) Arkansas. We live in St. Paul, Minnesota and teach at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis; we have a second home in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

When I thought about the photos I'd like to post in this blog, I was torn between travel pictures and at-home pictures. I eventually decided that I should do both, hence the title of this photo blog. "Here" will be photos from Minnesota and New Mexico, "there" will be photos from the rest of the world. With each posting---which I hope will be most days---I'll put up one of each. They may match or reflect each other in some way; they may not.

So here goes with the first pair.

Volcano Clouds 2008-07-20.jpg

A dramatic sky over the extinct volcanos on the west side of Albuquerque, taken on a walk earlier today.

Routeburn Track above the clouds.jpg

Above the clouds on the second day of our hike on the Routeburn Track on the South Island of New Zealand, from our trip in April, 2008.

This page contains a single entry by Victor Bloomfield published on July 20, 2008 4:07 PM.

Two Bars is the next entry in this blog.